Here at Healing with Horses UK, we are so lucky to have been selected to be a part of a pilot project in partnership with Macmillan to support people living with and beyond cancer:
This is a unique service, designed specifically for people living with and beyond Cancer. Partnering & funded by with Macmillan were able to offer people four free individual sessions:
- An opportunity to let go of treatment burden.
- An opportunity to rebuild/ develop confidence and self-esteem.
- An opportunity to engage with a non-judgemental service for support and self-development
- An opportunity for empowerment and setting goals
- Access to four funded individual sessions over an 8-10 week period. ( any further sessions have to be self-funded or alternatively funded.
- The project is a pilot and people are being asked to complete questionnaires to before and after as we want to help explore whether what we do works on a larger scale.
- For any cancer type.
- For anyone living with and beyond cancer (up to about 5 years after, please contact us if you are struggling and are past this point).
- Perfect for anyone struggling emotionally or unable to let go and move on.
- We are not wheelchair accessible; therefore participants need to be stable on their feet and healthy enough to actively participate.
*No riding and no previous horse experience necessary.